Tom Valenti | Policy | November 14, 2014 Man looks into the Abyss, and there’s nothin’ staring back at him. At that moment, man finds his character, and that’s what keeps him out of the Abyss. – Lou Mannheim (Hal Holbrook) in the movie, Wall Street We hear reform ideas all the time: Primary care… Read More ›
- POLICY: Colbeck unveils his “Exploit then Repeal health care reform strategy at national ProFamily Legislators Conference
- RECAP: AAFP’s First Direct Primary Care Workshop
- DR. ARMSTRONG: “But one potential barrier to the growth of DPC is the question of whether these practices can be regulated as ‘insurers.'”
By Catherine Clifford September 10, 2014 – Emails are your window to the world these days, and so if your emails aren’t getting attention, then that probably means you aren’t, either. Some of your first interactions with potential customers will start online, so be sure to have a respectable email address. It may seem like… Read More ›
By Jeff Overley Law360, New York (October 31, 2014, 4:10 PM ET) — The Office of Inspector General at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services on Friday detailed its priorities for investigating Medicare and Medicaid reimbursements in fiscal 2015, vowing to scrutinize billing by insurance plans, medical device makers and an array of… Read More ›
On October 24th, the Direct Primary Care Coalition partnered with National Association of Manufacturers and Enquiron to provide an insightful webinar to discuss DPC and its benefits for employers and their employees. About the Webinar Direct Primary Care Legislation & D2E Arrangements are discussed in this presentation, specifically focused on how DPC is an important… Read More ›
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015 Registration Opens Today, Spotlight on Health.
- Marketing Trends: ‘Another Successful Doc and Chef Event …’
- WEBINAR: “Concierge Medicine and direct pay are not identical … Despite the marketing hyperbole, maintaining relationships with payors (government or private) may be easier (and better for you and patients), than severing them.” ~Concierge Choice Physicians
By Richard A. Armstrong , Daily Signal, Dr. Richard A. Armstrong is a general surgeon at Helen Newberry Joy Hospital in Michigan and chief operating officer of Docs4PatientCare, an organization of practicing doctors seeking improvements in health care. NOVEMBER 12, 2014 – It isn’t often we can see positive, common-sense free-market ideas grab headlines when… Read More ›
By Victor Correa, KHQ Local News Reporter NOVEMBER 14, 2014 – KOOTENAI COUNTY, Idaho – Melissa McElfish sits up straight as Doctor Richard Samuel feels her back, “Tell me if there are any tender spots that I should be concerned about,” he says. McElfish has had back problems recently after hurting it going up a… Read More ›
By Arlen Meyers, MD, MBA President and CEO, Society of Physician Entrepreneurs OCTOBER 6, 2014 – eCare is a term used to refer to the use of information and communications technologies to improve outcomes and the patient experience and reduce per capita costs. Main examples include wearables and remote sensors, telemedicine, patient portals and mobile… Read More ›
- BECKERS: Employing physicians too costly? These innovative hospitals find solutions that work.
- Healthcare Could Learn A Lot from The PolicyGenius platform developed for Ins. quotes. ‘It’s light years ahead of the insurance industry at this point.’
- SEATTLE: 3 ways to get more facetime with your doctor