By the National Center for Policy Analysis February 25, 2015 – Government intervention in health care has lead to objectionable medical costs, market distortions and hidden prices. Moreover, the lack of free market competition has resulted in waste and inefficiency among doctors and medical facilities. That is why, today, Direct Primary Care is making a… Read More ›
- Attention, Shoppers: Prices For 70 Health Care Procedures Now Online!
- Legislature exempts “these types” of medical retainer agreements from state’s insurance act.
- Non-traditional competitors are investing in storefront clinics—including CVS, Walgreens, and Walmart—hospitals and health systems are beginning to compete more aggressively in this new market for on-demand care.
By Michael Tetreault, Editor-In-Chief Do You Have What It Takes? JANUARY 27, 2015 – The editor’s at The Direct Primary Care Journal, asked some of the industry’s new and innovative leading physicians and medical practice business owners, ‘what are the traits of a Docpreneur or direct-pay physician business owner?’ From the onset, the idea of starting… Read More ›
By Kristin E. Schleiter, American Medical Association Retail medical clinics are an innovation in health care with the potential to increase access to low-cost basic health care services. In 1995, Newt Gingrich predicted that in the future, patients would either “go to Canada or Wal-Mart.”1 Today, this prediction has been realized. The trend toward patient-centered… Read More ›
Learn about alternatives to third-party medical payments from Direct Primary Care Physicians Houston, TX – February 24, 2015 – DBC Pri-Med LLC, a leading provider of professional medical education to a community of more than 260,000 clinicians, will host a panel discussion on Direct-Pay medicine with leading experts. Direct-Pay represents a variety of health care… Read More ›
Direct Pay Primary Care Posted by Dmitry Opolinsky 207.60pc on February 27, 2015 Direct Primary Care, also called ‘concierge’ or ‘retainer’ medicine, is a rapidly growing model of medical practice that is based on a direct pay relationship between doctors and patients that does not include government programs or insurance companies. Medicare, Medicaid, and health… Read More ›
By Mary Ann Azevedo, Contributor, San Francisco Business Times The UpTake: Tech firms have long been famous for the perks they provide employees. Some, like Uber, are carrying that mentality a step further by providing concierge medicine, and One Medical Group is on the spot to take advantage of the trend. February 22, 2015 -… Read More ›
- DPC Journal Spotlight on Dr. JEFF GOLD: “DPC is a win-win for everyone,” Dr. Jeff Gold says.
- DPC Journal Spotlight: Solstice Health is a privately-owned, insurance-free Direct Primary Care, Wellness, and Regenerative medical clinic.
- LAMBERTS, MD: ‘Given the continued growth and the almost complete absence of people leaving the practice, I think we’ve succeeded.’
Long live the Web: Online sales in Membership Medicine Sector to top expectations according to industry experts. By Michael Tetreault, Editor, The Direct Primary Care Journal FEBRUARY 27, 2015 – Innovative and trendy medical sectors such as dermatology, dentistry, surgery, LASIK, and a select few others, have adapted quickly to online appointment scheduling and social… Read More ›