In the face of declining reimbursements and increasing regulation, many primary care providers are looking for new ways to maintain high-quality relationships with their patients. The Direct Primary Care (DPC) model is a growing alternative to traditional insurance-based fee-for-service care. Under the model, practices receive payments from individual patients or employer-based contracts. DPC offers the opportunity for more time with patients, more autonomy of practice, and lower business overhead.
- Dr. Samir Qamar, CEO of MedLion Management, Inc., the nation’s largest network of DPC practices, is the keynote speaker at an innovative conference designed to foster learning and networking among your physician peers:
- Practice Independence Conference at Pri-Med Southwest
- Saturday, June 25, 2016 | 9:00am-3:15pm CDT
- George R. Brown Convention Center | Room 332B
- 1001 Avenida De Las Americas
- Houston, TX 77010
- Registration Fee: $150
- A keynote address by Dr. Samir Qamar, CEO of MedLion, the largest DPC physician network in the nation, with independent operations in 25 states
- An engaging panel discussion, featuring Geetinder Goyal, MD, founder of Our Way Health in Houston, TX, and Dr. Amie Stringfellow of Milepost Medical in Houston, TX
- Interactive “Unconference” sessions, where you’ll be able to interact with your peer physicians and local entrepreneurs on attendee-generated topics such as “Breaking the Cycle of Dependence on Insurance,” “Creating a DPC Affiliated Network and Challenges of a Cash-Friendly Practice,” “Educating Patients about DPC,” and more
Amazing Charts InLight EHR, a new cloud-based, problem-oriented medical record ideal for small practices, is a sponsor of the Practice Independence Conference.
This event is co-located with Pri-Med Southwest, where you can earn up to 20 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits ™. You will receive free registration to the Pri-Med Southwest CME conference with your Practice Independence Conference registration. Upon registration for the Practice Independence Conference, you will receive a confirmation email, which will include instructions on how to register for Pri-Med Southwest.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided to participants.