DP Journal .EDU | SHOP
Atlanta | Oct. 27-28 2017
Book Your Hotel | Atlanta
Our Podcast | Learn | Edu.
Top Stories in DPC, 2017
- Locate A Doctor
- Heal ... has been called the “Uber for Doctor Housecalls.”
- Access Falters Amidst Good Patient Primary Care Relationships | PatientEngagementHIT.com
- TECH | Apple explored buying two Concierge Medical-Clinic start-ups as part of a bigger push into health care -- and more inquiries expected, according to CNBC Sources
- Direct Primary Care Journal Physician Directory
- ACEP: "Following Up With A PCP Isn't So Easy ..."
- DPC Journal SPOTLIGHT: GracePointe Healthcare opens new Franklin office, practices 'old fashioned' medicine
- JOBS: DPC Journal Launches Job Board For Physicians and Staff Seeking Career In Direct Primary Care
- PART 1 of 2 by Dr. Joseph Krainin, MD: New Online Sleep Medicine Practice, Singular Sleep, Offers DPC Practices Convenient and Cost-Effective Care
- How does Direct Primary Care work with High Deductible Health Plans (HDHP) and Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)?
A few of Page’s patients have dropped their insurance plans altogether, a move she doesn’t recommend.
By Kaitlyn Bartley
A Coastside crisis seven years ago prompted Dr. Lorraine Page to adopt a new method of providing patients with primary care that’s becoming a rising trend among doctors nationwide. Instead of handling insurance billing herself, Page eschews an office and dealing with reimbursements altogether. Now, she simply bills her patients directly for her time when she visits them in their homes. “It’s very personalized; it’s true family practice,” said Page. “It turns out to be something I truly enjoy.”
Categorised in: Business, Inside A Practice, Insurance, National Acceptance, National News, Physician Spotlight