DP Journal .EDU | SHOP
Atlanta | Oct. 27-28 2017
Book Your Hotel | Atlanta
AAFP Business Direct Care Doctors DPC News Events FAQs Find A Doctor Get Started: Stuff To Read Get Started: The Basics Get Started: The Budget How-To HSAs Inside A Practice Insights & Analysis Insurance Legal Marketing MD Micro National Acceptance National News NP and PAs Physician Spotlight Politics and Wash. Policy Research Resources Social Media Success Stories Technology Trends
Top Stories in DPC, 2017
- Locate A Doctor
- Direct Primary Care Journal Physician Directory
- FORBES | Telemedicine Pairs Well With Direct Primary Care
- MC | Direct Primary Care Is About To Take Off–or Maybe Not
- Reporter’s Notebook: In Health Care, A Good Price (Or Any Price) Is Hard To Find | KHN
- TECH | This Futuristic Doctor’s Office Is Rolling Across The United States | BuzzFeed
- EP. 71 | Meet Castle Connolly Private Health Partners (CCPHP) Interview With Dean McElwain
- New Mobile App Upgrades the Healthcare Experience for Consumers
- TRENDING Story ... Can Physician “Concierge Fees” be Reimbursed From a Health FSA or HSA?
- What Is Direct Primary Care (DPC)? The Revised, Modern Definition.
Here’s an alternative to your despised high-deductible health care plan
By: ALEX LICKERMAN
In January, after having spent 20 years as a faculty member at the University of Chicago, I left academia to start my own direct primary care practice, ImagineMD, in downtown Chicago. Currently there are approximately 4,000 to 8,000 such practices in the U.S. Just as you don’t use your car insurance to pay for oil changes and tire rotations, in direct primary care, you don’t use your health insurance to pay for primary care visits. Employers are charged a modest retainer fee per employee per month to provide their employees 24/7 access to their primary care physicians via phone and same-day or next-day appointments.
Categorised in: Business, Direct Care Doctors, DPC News, Insurance