DP Journal .EDU | SHOP
Atlanta | Oct. 27-28 2017
Book Your Hotel | Atlanta
Our Podcast | Learn | Edu.
AAFP Business Direct Care Doctors DPC News Events FAQs Find A Doctor Finding Patients Get Started: Stuff To Read Get Started: The Basics How-To HSAs Inside A Practice Insights & Analysis Insurance Legal Marketing MD Micro National Acceptance National News NP and PAs Physician Spotlight Politics and Wash. Policy Research Resources Social Media Success Stories Technology Trends
Top Stories in DPC, 2017
- Locate A Doctor
- Direct Primary Care Journal Physician Directory
- HIRING: Seattle, Washington | Type of Job Full Time @ Bliss MD
- 2017 DPC Journal Industry Insight & Edu. Resources
- The History and Future of Personalized Medicine ~MC
- Healthcare2U Expanding in Connecticut -- Company Adds Urgent Care, Primary Care Clinics
- DPC Journal Exclusive, REVIEWS.com Ranks "The Best Medical Alert Systems in 2017"
- What Is Direct Primary Care (DPC)? The Revised, Modern Definition.
- BUSINESS MODELS: A Simple Look at the Best Corporate Structure for Your DPC Practice
Here’s an alternative to your despised high-deductible health care plan
By: ALEX LICKERMAN
In January, after having spent 20 years as a faculty member at the University of Chicago, I left academia to start my own direct primary care practice, ImagineMD, in downtown Chicago. Currently there are approximately 4,000 to 8,000 such practices in the U.S. Just as you don’t use your car insurance to pay for oil changes and tire rotations, in direct primary care, you don’t use your health insurance to pay for primary care visits. Employers are charged a modest retainer fee per employee per month to provide their employees 24/7 access to their primary care physicians via phone and same-day or next-day appointments.