“People ask, ‘Why would I pay far and above?’ Well, ‘Why did you spend $150 on a haircut that you could’ve gotten at Cuts 4 Less for $25?” Berzin says.
About Parsley Health
We are board-certified primary care doctors and health coaches trained in Functional Medicine who have broken ranks with the old ways of healthcare to take a transformative and personalized approach to medicine. Parsley Health was founded in 2015 by Dr. Robin Berzin, a Columbia University trained physician, whose highly respected reputation in the medical community, and among her patients, has been built on a foundation of trust, innovation and big picture thinking about the life changing role health care can play in people’s everyday lives.
- 4 point cortisol salivary test : looks at how the adrenal glands are functioning, determines the level of adrenal fatigue and indicates how daily stress is affecting your cortisol curve throughout the day
- Comprehensive stool testing: provides immediate, actionable clinical information about the overall health of the GI tract, helps identify inflammatory conditions, parasites/candida, and other digestive imbalances
- Urine Toxic Metals: evaluates exposure to potentially toxic elements
- Genetic testing: assesses a small part of the genome and reports on drug metabolism and overall detoxification
- Parsley’s proprietary blood panels: nutrient deficiencies, female/male hormones, allergens and antibodies to gluten, mold and other common irritants, cardiovascular health including NMR lipid profile, serum heavy metals, autoimmune screening
How It Works
- Because you don’t get in shape by going to the gym once a year.
- And you don’t get healthy by going to the doctor once a year, either.
- Our annual membership gives you comprehensive medical care and health coaching, unlimited online access to your records and medical team, access to our large wellness community and exclusive discounts and perks.
This doctor’s office charges $150 a month and doesn’t take insurance — and it could be the future of medicine
By Melia Robinson | Business Insider | May 2017
Parsley Health leans heavily on functional medicine, a type of practice that addresses the root causes of disease by taking a holistic look at a patient’s history, lifestyle, and genetics. The startup oversees a network of 250-plus primary care specialists in over 40 US cities, which allows members to book last-minute appointments at any location. Members at Parsley Health receive five annual visits with their physician, 24 visits with a designated health coach, unlimited online messaging with their care team, a personalized wellness plan, and a subscription to Headspace, a popular daily meditation app. ~Business Insider, May 2017
However, the membership does not include the costs of lab work or genetics testing, which can be prohibitive — though maybe not for people who can afford $150 a month on primary care.
CONTINUE READING the BUSINESS INSIDER STORY …
SOURCE: http://www.parsleyhealth.com; http://www.businessinsider.com/parsley-health-new-primary-care-model-2017-5/#people-ask-why-would-i-pay-far-and-above-well-why-did-you-spend-150-on-a-haircut-that-you-couldve-gotten-at-cuts-4-less-for-25-berzin-says-13