DP Journal .EDU | SHOP
Atlanta | Oct. 27-28 2017
Book Your Hotel | Atlanta
Our Podcast | Learn | Edu.
Top Stories in DPC, 2017
- Locate A Doctor
- Direct Primary Care Journal Physician Directory
- MDVIP | Strained Healthcare System Hurts Doctors and Affects Patient Care
- More Employers Exploring Direct Primary Care, Concierge Medicine
- EXAMPLES: Hospital Institutions Offering Concierge Medicine plus, Exec. Health Membership Programs [REVISED 2017]
- POLL: Annual salary of a DPC Physician? (2016-2017) All Responses Are ‘Anonymous’ [Cash Only Practices, Monthly Model w/ no Ins/No Medicare Partic.]
- HIRING: Seattle, Washington | Type of Job Full Time @ Bliss MD
- USA TODAY | Apple was also reported to be in similar acquisition talks with One Medical, ... leverage technology to smooth the often onerous doctor's visit process.
- DPC and Insurance, HDHP, HSAs
- HSA Owner's Manual - 2nd Edition (Limted Avail.)
By Austin Frakt | THE NEW HEALTH CARE APRIL 10, 2017
The point of prescription drugs is to help us get or feel well. Yet so many Americans take multiple medications that doctors are being encouraged to pause before prescribing and think about “deprescribing” as well. The idea of dropping unnecessary medications started cropping up in the medical literature a decade ago. In recent years, evidence has mounted about the dangers of taking multiple, perhaps unnecessary, medications. Deprescribing will work only if patients also get involved in the process. Only they can report adverse effects that they sense but that are not apparent to clinicians. And they need to be comfortable weaning from or dropping drugs that they are accustomed to and believe to be helpful.
Tagged as: #fordoctors, #fordpc