Speaker Paul Ryan last week urged the White House to reconsider ousting Health and Human Services Secretary Tom Price, his longtime friend who had come under fire for often using taxpayer-funded private jets for travel, according to two people with knowledge of the call. John Kelly, the White House chief of staff, called the Wisconsin Republican minutes before the departure was announced Friday afternoon. It was a heads-up call, one White House official said. Ryan urged Kelly to reconsider and touted the Georgia Republican’s experience in Congress and work in the administration, one of the people familiar with the call said. Price has long had the speaker’s ear on policy matters and was part of Ryan’s old “Jedi Council,” a group of fiscally conservative rabble-rousers who used to powwow when Republicans were in the minority.
NEW EDU. SERIES
FOR DOCTORS, New Book, 2018
FOR DOCTORS, DPC Journal Partnership, 2018
Insights | Analysis | Trends
DPC Journal Edu. Author’s Corner | Download …
Popular Audio Downloads | Podcasts
Post Your DPC Position
- BUSINESS: Top 10 Business Tips for the First Time Direct Care Doctor
- INSIDE YOUR PRACTICE: Dealing With The Unhappy Concierge Medicine Patients
- 15 Books Every "Docpreneur" Should Read in '15.
- ICD-10: It's Nice Not Knowing You ... ~Jeff Gold, MD
- NELSON, MD: "Designing Value into Your Direct Pay Practice, Part I - The Service Proposition"
- The “Cashification” of Healthcare
- Buffett on Jeff Bezos, CNBC | Business of Healthcare, Concierge Medicine and More
- FORBES: Consumers demanding more convenient medical care service with the help of apps.
Insights | Analysis | Latest Trends