Where are some of the most innovative Concierge Medicine Doctors finding new ideas and learning to innovate?
By Concierge Medicine Today/The DPC Journal Staff
Hint: In some of the most unusual places! These are just a few resources our readers tell us they consistently reference. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us what your reading, where you might be learning and what magazines and conferences you’re attending!
- Innovative Doctors are reading, a lot!
- The most successful Doctors tell us at Concierge Medicine Today and The DPC Journal that they’re reading two or more business and strategy books every single month.
- Personality and Attitude Tests
- Professional Development and Certificate Programs (not CME courses)
- Precision Medicine Conferences
- Business Magazine Subscriptions
- Podcasts and Audible Book Downloads (e.g. audio podcasts and downloadable books)
- The DocPreneur Leadership Podcast – Packed with great Physician and entrepreneurial interviews about bringing the Physician and Patient closer together inside unique practice environments, this podcast is now ranked #9 on the list of the most influential healthcare leadership podcasts today! From unpacking the business of medicine to entrepreneurial innovation being invented by Physicians around the world to precision medicine and genomic educational insight they cover it all. It also highlights news about the healthcare tech industry and what’s happening inside and outside of Concierge Medicine practices, boutique models, mobile medicine practices and direct primary care all in one place each week. Each episode is different and fresh with experienced DocPreneurs and successful Physicians giving you their insight. This educational podcast has hosted guests that include: The White House Physician, Dr. Connie Mariano; Dr. Kyra Bobinet, Founder of neuroscience firm, engagedIN; Dr. David Karow, CEO of Human Longevity (HLI) & The Health Nucleus; Richard Nordstrom; Dr. Brandon Colby; Dr. Laura Purdy and many more.
- HBR Idea Cast – Sarah Green is an editor at the Harvard Business Review and she also interviews major names like Eric Schmidt from Google in her podcasts. This one truly has amazing and educational content.
- Youpreneur FM – Chris Ducker bares it all with his Youpreneur FM podcast on how to create a personal brand. He is an amazing interviewer that asks the right questions to get the most out of his guests.
- Entrepreneur on Fire – John Dumas’ Entrepreneur on Fire interviews exceptional entrepreneurs and discusses strategies that can really transform a business or even an enterprise.
- Marketing Over Coffee – Christopher Penn and John Wall talk about new marketing trends and the latest digital marketing news in their Marketing Over Coffee podcast. What you should analyze, how strategy can improve your sales and other crucial marketing questions are discussed in this show regularly.
- Stanford Entrepreneurial Thought Leader Series – The Stanford Entrepreneurial Thought Leader Series podcast is different from all of the others on the list. The Leader Series are lectures on entrepreneurship from famous speakers such as Ben Horowitz, Liz Wiseman and many more.
- One, Two and Three Day Professional Development Programs (not CME courses)
- The DocPreneur Leadership Academy
- The Ritz-Carlton Leadership Center
- The Disney Institute
- Virgin Hotels Corporate People Development Program(s)
- The Concierge Medicine Forum (The Industry’s Annual Conference)
- Jam packed for now three days with: workshops; breakouts; Precision Medicine courses; patient marketing skills classes; member retention strategies; staff development; succession and retirement strategies; etc.)
- The J.W. Marriott Brand
- The Build Institute | Detroit, MI
- We help people turn their business ideas into reality by providing them with the necessary tools, resources, and support network in Detroit. To date, we have graduated over 1400 aspiring and experienced entrepreneurs from our classes, many of whom have gone on to start successful businesses in the city. In addition to classes, we offer networking events, mentorship, connections to resources and a nurturing community that allows ideas to develop and flourish over time. With a little support, a lot of hard work, and a friendly nudge, you’ll be ready to hit the ground running.
- University Customer Service Excellence Certificate Courses
- Example, eCornell by Cornell University – “Great service isn’t just a customer benefit; it’s a competitive differentiator in any industry. The courses in this certificate program leverage today’s leading customer service strategies to help you raise the standard of service excellence for your organization, business unit, division, or team. You’ll learn to assess the market needs for the service provided by your organization and develop the leadership competencies needed to create a consistent culture of empowerment and continuous improvement that will inspire exceptional service, every time, everywhere.”
- Four Seasons Customer Service Training Programs
- Marriott Management Philosophy Training
- Online and Webinar Courses and Curriculum (Distance Learning)
- Cruise Line Professional Development Courses
- Certified Guest Service Professional (CGSP®)* Training Course(s)
Remember, success in modern healthcare delivery today and tomorrow will require the implementation of kindness in every detail. From the parking lot to the front desk, your interior clinic design, your clinic culture, your smiling face and even your technology — all of this will help to create a memorable, one-of-a-kind experience for your Patient, consumer, employees and community alike.
I’ll close this topic today with a quote I just absolutely love from Virgin Hotels VP of People, Clio Knowles. She said in a recent interview, “If we truly live the culture every day, it becomes part of the fabric of who we are as a company, and in order for it to become embedded in our daily lives, we have to reinforce it regularly.”
Categories: DPC News